Says negligence in govt offices will not be tolerated
BICHOLIM
Stating that details have been obtained regarding some government employees in dereliction of their duties, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Tuesday warned that negligence in the workplace would not be tolerated.
He was addressing a gathering after inaugurating the new Karapur Sarvan Panchayat building in the presence of Maem MLA Premendra Shet, ZP member Mahesh Sawant, Sarpanch Tanvi Sawant, Deputy Sarpanch Divya Naik, other panchas, and officials.
“My dream is to see the development of every rural area in the State, and panchayat members should work hard to ensure that the people get the benefits of the central and state schemes in every household,” said Sawant.
“If we want to create a self-sufficient Goa, it is necessary for people in various departments and government employees to work with dedication. We have collected details of some department employees who are not working at all. They should now at least improve and work for the people. Negligence in work will not be tolerated.”
The chief minister voiced disapproval of the garbage scattered in different parts of Karapur.
He appealed to all panchayats to take responsibility and play a leading role in waste management.
MLA Premendra Shet also spoke on the occasion and promised to set up a sports complex in Karapur.
Renovated Sanquelim fort to be ready by Oct: CM
BICHOLIM
Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Tuesday said the renovation of the Sanquelim fort is about 50 percent complete and will be thrown open to the public by October.
During an inspection of ongoing work at the fort, Sawant said Archaeology Department is spending about Rs 2 crore to renovate the fort and provide other facilities at the site.
Renovation work of the fort, which is located in the market area, has been going on for the last three years and the work had been interrupted due to technical reasons.
During his visit, the CM received an update regarding ongoing renovation work and development of the open space outside the fort. He directed the contractor to expedite the renovation work and also instructed the Archaeology Department to clear all pending bills of the contractor.
Sanquelim Municipal Council Chairperson Siddhi Prabhu, Vice-Chairperson Anand Kanekar and other councillors also accompanied the chief minister during the inspection.
Sanquelim town master plan to be ready in 3 years
BICHOLIM: Chief Minister Pramod Sawant has stated that a master plan for Sanquelim town would be ready in the next 3-4 years.
He was speaking at the inauguration of an open air venue built with municipal funds at Harvalem in Ward No. 1 of the Sanquelim municipality on the initiative of Councillor Yashwant Madkar. Sanquelim Municipal Council Chairperson Siddhi Prabhu, Vice-Chairperson Anand Kanekar and other councillors were also present on the occasion.
After Panaji city, the second master plan has been prepared for Sanquelim city. There were many difficulties in implementing this master plan but now that a BJP-backed group is in power at the Sanquelim Municipal Council, the master plan will be completed in the next three to four years,” said Sawant.
“Work is currently underway in this regard. Road widening and beautification works will start soon.”